OLÉ! - My Tango ...

12/14/2005 11:29:00 pm

The workshop I'm doing on Friday has two parts.

Part 1 is called OLÉ! - Orchestrating a Learning Ecology (or Learning the Tango). Part 2 is Rip, Mix, Learn. OLÉ is the philosophy, pedagogy and concrete steps I take to orchestrate my students Online Learning Environment. I'm using The Tango as a metaphor for how I do this. The Tango consists of only three steps, but they combine in infinite ways such that each dancer dances their own tango. The read/write tools I use on my blogs are few; blogs, RSS, social bookmarking, flickr and chatboxes. But they can be combined in infinite ways such that each teacher can orchestrate their own learning ecology.

OLÉ is the heart and soul of how I blog with my students. RML is the toolbox; the technological literacies. We'll tango for about an hour and half. We'll be ripping, mixing and learning for the rest of the day.

The part I'm most excited about is the fact that four people have agreed to skype in and join the conversation over the course of the day: Sheryl, Dean, Clarence and Anne. You just know that's going to be a party! And a hearty thank you goes out to Mr. McNamar for sharing his tango in the comments to my earlier post.

The last post on OLÉ is called What If Your Blog Was Gone? It was inspired by Konrad Glogowski's recent experience. I solicited feedback from my students by posting two questions for them to answer. Their responses are entirely their own; I didn't prompt them in any way. They did some really powerful writing.

As always, comments and suggestions for improvement are encouraged and welcome. ;-)

You Might Also Like

0 comments